Friday 3 June 2011

Independent work

I started my morning off by sewing the front and back panels of my dress together but came to a stand still when I remembered I hadn't bought a zip.
To gain a high grade it has been drummed into us that we must carry out independent work. I spend the afternoon experimenting with origami in a front bodice. I have not completed it yet but here is my progress so far.



This shows my design lines on the bodice and I have sliced up into four pieces.



From my cut up pieces I sliced open the design line and added a fold which extended the pattern piece. This photo shows me placing them on the fabric and cutting out.



Here I have sewn the pieces together which resembles a lantern.
This is as far as I have got today and will post a picture of the finished result in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment