Tuesday 21 December 2010

gift bag

On the last pattern cutting day in collge before we broke up for x-mas, Nick, our tutor, gave us all a Christmas present which was a star necklace in a black gift bag.

When I arrived home, for some reason I looked at the soap that my mum carved and I thought, "Hmmm, I don't think the soap I am carving for sale in college to raise funds for the fashion show will look good if am going to sell them without any packaging". I looked at the gift bag and an idea just popped into my head - "I need to make a gift bag for my soap carving". So I went to buy the fabric for the soap bag and for my toile from Abakhan in Chester the next morning.

I came home and looked at the gift bag for about 10 minutes, trying to think how I was going to make the bags, because I didn't want to unpick the bag Nick had given me, just in case I ruined the bag. Then I wouldn't remember how to start making the bag. I sat down and planned it out in a piece of paper and then made the fist one. This went successfully, which I was very happy and excited about. I felt like I had achieved something, which made me quite proud ^_^ (yes, that's me).


Here is a photo of a complete gift bag and the soap carving. ^______^


No comments:

Post a Comment